Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Textile Tuesday.

Handiras.

While decorating with Handiras or Tamizart (Moroccan Wedding Blankets) is nothing new, I still can't get over their gorgeousness.  Traditionally, these blankets are made for the bride as part of her dowry and worn on her journey to her new home.  But since growing rapidly in home decor popularity in the past few years, they are no longer only a Berber wedding tradtition and are being made to be sold at the local markets. Lucky for us!  As silly as it may seem, my two poufs upholstered in Handiras are my prized possessions.  I love them, I look at them every day and love them more and more...every...single...day...


one of my favorite examples of using a handira as home decor is this image of Kate Hudson's bedroom designed by Roman + Williams. 


love this DIY headboard over at remodelista. 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment